Marking the 1 year anniversary of IVolunteer International, we are excited to launch our most recent global initiative. This initiative called “Birthday-Deed” will be focusing on encouraging individuals around the world to do something good on their birthday. We believe, that our world will have a great positive impact if 7 billion people in this world did something good to their community on their birthdays.
To make everyone in this world who is willing and able, to do something good on their birthday.
How It Works
If you’re interested in doing something good on your birthday, you can sign up to be in our database. When your birthday is nearby, we send you a reminder email, wishing you a happy birthday and giving you a list of options you could do on your birthday.
Then, on your birthday, with all the celebration and happy vibes, we hope you do something good and complete your #Birthdaydeed. It could be anything you choose to do – big or small. When you complete your birthday-deed, you can take pictures and put it up on social media using the hashtag #Birthdaydeed. You can nominate your friends and refer them to our page so your friends can sign up too! We are so excited!
Things You Can Do
You don’t have to do anything big to complete your birthday deed (if you want to do something big, that’s great!). Here are some things you can do to complete your #Birthdaydeed.
- Donate to a charity close to your heart.
- Join a Rotary/Rotaract Club.
- Give tea to a nearby child care center
- Share a book with Iridescence – Hope Through Art.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Give food to the homeless.
- Clean your cupboard and donate your clothes.
- Sponsor a child’s education through Without-Borders
- Connect to a new friend in a different country and exchange cultures.
- Write a thank-you note to one of your teachers, mentors or a great friend.
- Buy something from a mom/dad shop and help a family.
- Plant a tree in your backyard.
- Collect toys from neighbors and friends and donate them to a child charity.
- Donate blood with your RedCross Chapter
- Donate school supplies to a school that needs help in your community.
- Be extra nice to everyone around you.
- Take an online CPR course for free and save a life!
- Write a personal thank you note and hand it over to a police officer/military veteran!
- Do something nice to your parents and appreciate them.
- Write an article on our website about your volunteer experience or your future dreams of changing the world!
Remember – when you’re done, you have to post it on social media and encourage your friends to sign-up for the #birthdaydeed project! Thank you for participating! When you sign up, you’re automatically signed up forever! But if you want to unsubscribe from the list, you can!
We are changing lives with you. We don’t have to change the world in a day. Little steps of kindness and positivity will change the world soon! Thank you!