As of January 10, 2019 the deadline to register has passed.
Inspired by the 2012 Rio+20 Resolution, “The Future We Want”, Future We Want Model United Nations (FWWMUN) is the unique MUN in the world to be fully inclusive, allowing equal participation and opportunities for people from all countries. FWWMUN is committed to promoting a united international community, a better future, and a more sustainable world through the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Future We Want MUN is the most inclusive and diverse conference held in New York with delegates from over 136 countries. It is the only internationally recognized conference held in New York Free of Charge with the highest academic standards! FWWMUN is one of the very few that has been able to have committee sessions inside the United Nations HQ! With 1600 delegates and 1500 scholarships available, FWWMUN has become the pioneering and leading consensus building approach conference in the world and the first of its kind in engaging youth on all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The conference is just the starting point: participants don’t simulate the UN, they engage in actual debates that are critical to the UN agenda.
The launch of the Youth Ambassador initiative signifies that the relationship extends beyond the conference. It is the only opportunity offered to young aspiring diplomats to continue to focus on the implementation of the SDGs at local levels, post-conference.
You can join as a volunteer!
Dates: February 28 – March 3, 2019 (All volunteers need to be available for the full duration)
Location: New York City, United States of America.
- Opportunity to work with FWWMUN, IDA, RGMUN, United Nations Partners, and an International Secretariat on a high-profile event.
- Free-of-charge shared accommodation at the conference hotel for the duration of the event.
- Free access to the conference and workshops.
- Free access to the social events of the conference.
- Certificate of Participation at the end of the conference.
- A letter of recommendation by IVolunteer International (upon request)
- Have a good command of the English language
- Be able to work aggressively with a forward-thinking team from around the world.
- Be able to attend the full duration of the event (February 28, 2019 – March 3, 2019)
- Be able to find transportation to New York City for the event.
- Be in the age of 20 or above by January 25, 2018. .
- Be able to bring a working laptop to the conference
- Have a valid U.S. VISA and/or already have legal clearance to visit New York City in February 2019. (Eg: U.S. Citizen, U.S. Resident, U.S. Non-Resident Alien who has a VISA status [F1, B1/B2] not expiring before March 5, 2019)
Volunteers are called “Conference Management Officers” and they are a crucial team working at the heart of FWWMUN. They work with the Under-Secretary-General (USG) for Logistics as part of the Department of General Assembly Affairs and Conference Management Section B to organize and manage all Administrative/Logistics Affairs and to ensure the conference is a success, from start to finish.
Their responsibilities include;
- Providing support to all logistics aspects of the conference beforehand and on-site.
- Manage delegate registrations.
- Guide and support delegate transportation from and to the venue of the conference.
- Supporting administrative affairs inside the venue of the conference.
- Ensure all meeting services requirements of each conference room are met including handling room set up, etc.
All volunteers will need to be dressed in business professional attire at all times of official duties.
Apply & Volunteer today!
To register as a volunteer, click here.