Mediators Beyond Borders International (MBBI) is a nonprofit, international organization that builds local skills for peace and promotes mediation worldwide. It brings together experienced volunteer mediators to improve conflict resolution capacity and support alternative approaches to expressing, negotiating and resolving interpersonal, political, economic, social, ethnic, and religious differences.
MBBI is seeking a volunteer to work closely with MBBI’s Communications and Operations Manager (COM). This is a great opportunity to use your communications strengths and gain experience in international peacebuilding and nonprofit operations.
Deadline: April 20, 2019
- Aid the development of the annual communication strategy
- Help develop and implement the MBBI’s digital strategy
- Conduct engagement analysis and suggest appropriate actions for improvements
- Create and manage content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Content may promote membership, fundraising, events, and website posts and articles amongst others.
- Reply to comments, messages, and report findings to the COM
- Other duties may be assigned
Volunteering opportunities with MBBI help you gain work experience and develop personal and professional confidence in the workplace. Through your work with MBBI, you will have access to a global network of peacebuilders. This is in addition to the possibilities to participate in and engage with Regional and Working Groups, Projects, and Committees. MBBI interns also enjoy mentorship opportunities with other professionals in their desired career, observe and interact with role models, and create a more impressive, well-balanced resume. Most importantly, working with MBBI allows interns to connect theories, ideas, and dreams with best practice models.
Apple and Contact Details
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “ATTN: Social Media Application” as the subject line. Candidates who can volunteer 12 hours per week for a minimum of six-months commitment are preferred. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.