Volunteer Duties + Expectations
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the local chapter Executive Director (ED), with the primary goal of building capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL helps to recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive, represents the demographics of the community, and also fills the specific need identified by the chapter.
This is accomplished through:
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within your specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks and other circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build, regain, and enhance presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director.
Hosted by American Red Cross
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.