Street Child is one of the UK’s fastest growing international development charities. Founded in 2008, Street Child now operates in 10 of the worlds toughest places, including remote, hard-to-reach areas, and fragile, disaster, or conflict-affected states and has significantly impacted the lives, and in particular the education, of over 200,000 children. Street Child believes that achieving universal basic education is the greatest single step towards eliminating global poverty.
As Communications Intern it is your job to produce professional quality visual material detailing Street Childs work. You will accompany Street Child into the field and witness first hand some of the issues Street Child and our partners are working to overcome. The exact nature of these programmes depends upon the country and time of year you arrive. Through photography, videography and written communication, you will produce content for Street Child’s website, newsletters and other publications. Upon completion of the internship, Street Child will give you a letter of recommendation and a LinkedIn endorsement.
Location: Rural Sierra Leone, around Makeni. Uganda, Kampala, rural areas but also refugee camps including Palabek in the North.
Deadline: Rolling deadline.
- Creating content in the form of case studies and blogs from the various Street Child projects.
- Written & visual story-telling of how the charity’s work has impacted individuals.
- Adding engaging photographs & film footage to the organization’s visual media library.
- Training local staff on case study writing and photography.
- Weekly reporting to the UK team.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- Get valuable professional experience and have your work published.
- Meet and tell the stories of unique and inspiring people while understanding the sensitivity and hardship they have endured. This is a skill and experience few others will have.
- Live in some amazing and beautiful parts of the world experiencing a new and vibrant culture.
Apply & Contact Details
To Apply, please fill the application form. Please also send your CV and Cover Letter, including a brief selection of your portfolio, will increase your chances of selection: email@example.com