The San Diego River Park Foundation is dedicated to creating the San Diego River Park.
As the only non-governmental organization dedicated to the entire length of the River, SDRPF plays the role of an umbrella organization for many other groups.
We work to support and empower these groups who are endeavoring to restore and enhance the San Diego River and its ecosystem, create trails and new community facilities, protect historical resources and to enhance the communities along the river.
As the weather cools off, it is the perfect time to plant some baby trees! Join us for a family-friendly tree-planting event at the San Diego River Park Foundation’s Boulder Creek Preserve on Saturday, Dec. 14 from 10am-12pm. We will have special activities so kids can take a hands-on role in restoration of this special creek (and some kid-sized tools too!). After we plant trees, our educators will be on hand for a guided exploration of the site, and kids can help with frog monitoring and download the wildlife camera.
- This event is open to volunteers of all ages, but activities will be geared for chaperoned kids ages 5 – 13.
- All tools provided.
- No experience necessary.
- Dress in clothes that can get a little dirty.
- Closed toe shoes required.
- Bring plenty of water and sun protection.
- Bring a picnic lunch for after the tree-planting, if you wish!
- Community service hours can be verified.
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2019 from 10:00a – 12:00p
Location: Boulder Creek Preserve (RSVP for directions) Descanso, CA 91916
Apply & Join
RSVP is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 297-7380 or visit www.sandiegoriver.org.