Global Office is a non-governmental organization aimed at fostering informational, social, cultural and political integration of Ukraine into the global community, as well as internal integration. The Global Office’s projects teach the Ukrainian youth think critically, be tolerant, know civics fundamentals and overcome language and cultural barriers. At the same time, foreign participants of our projects discover the real Ukraine, free of stereotypes.
What is GoCamp?
The main goal of the program is to educate a new young generation of active and conscious citizens of Ukraine, capable of lifelong learning, and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, fluent in foreign languages and open to other cultures and experiences. The volunteer of the program becomes a mentor for school kids, helping them to break language and cultural barriers. So far 700 volunteers from 75 countries and 120 000 kids all over Ukraine have been involved in the project.
Volunteers are planned to participate as mentors for children in camps 5 hours per day/ 5 days a week. The program includes:
- work on socially important projects;
- interactive lessons on democracy, human rights, and values, ecology, career, future profession, STEAM, etc.
- games, fairy tales, and cinemas;
- participation in studying a foreign language
- school activities to exchange cultures and experiences
Location(s): The volunteers are planned to have their missions in different towns, cities, and villages of Ukraine. 1 volunteer per 1 school. The volunteers live in host families with all necessary amenities.
Date(s): 5-20 September, 2019
Volunteers are planned to participate as mentors for children in camps 5 hours per day/ 5 days a week. The program includes: work on socially important projects; interactive lessons on democracy, human rights, and values, ecology, career, future profession, STEAM, etc.
All volunteers will have a preparing 3-day-training session before leaving to camps in schools. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old; there is no upper age restriction. Volunteers of different ages, professions, and backgrounds, as well as entire families, are welcome. No need for a special experience of working with kids – just motivation and good knowledge of English!
GoCamp is an excellent opportunity:
- to make a significant impact on children
- to learn and develop professional competences
- to establish intercultural relations and make cultural exchanges
- to have an internship program for students
- to enrich CV with volunteering experience
- to make an impact into your professional orientation