About the organization
Go For Impact Today- GFIT is a nonprofit organization, operating in Burundi, Bujumbura, dedicated to raising a responsible generation in communities through education, community action, and collaborative networks. We are committed to working with visionary youths and organizations who desire the wellbeing of Burundi and beyond. Our focus areas are:
- Youth development
- The inclusion of people with disabilities
- Climate change
- Community organizing
About the Volunteer Project
Teaching English to teachers from deaf and blind school was born after conducting researches about the English level of the teachers. Every teacher in their programs has a course of English to teach to students but they are not qualified about it. According to our interviewees, they are not confident about what they are delivering to their students. The outcome is seen when the students who had graduated from those two schools want to pursue their further studies. As in Burundi, we do not have an inclusive university, the graduate students from those two schools must go to Rwanda or other countries where the teaching language is English. Students find difficult to study in English as their English level is too low. That is why GFIT started this free class to build the capacities of the teachers so that they may teach well English to their students. The social impact of this is that Students after finishing their high schools will be able to pursue their studies in any country.
Dates & Time:
May 28, 2019.
From May 28 – We have class level 1 (Beginners) Class study Tuesday and Thursday (From 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm) – We have class 1 for intermediaries: Monday and Friday from pm to 4 pm.
- Minimum 2-weeks commitment
- English fluency.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- At least 4 hours of teaching per week
- A genuine interest in helping disadvantaged communities
- Open-mind and willing to share about culture and lifestyle.
- Volunteers are expected to have either a Skype, Whatsapp or Facebook for interview purposes Once the applicant is accepted, necessary documents should be gathered and sent as soon as possible. Volunteers are expected to be on time in their classes.
- As our organization does not cover the airfare, volunteers are expected to be able to pay for their flight tickets or to look for sponsors.
- Accommodation (Paid by Volunteers @ 30 US Dollars Daily)
- 2 meals/day.
- Teaching material
- Classroom support
- Opportunities to travel with Burundian guides
- Visa support
- Airport Shuttle (Pick-Up and Drop off)
- Guide you around the city
- Guide to tourist attraction areas
- Opportunity to network with local and international like-minded people