Street Child is one of the UK’s fastest growing international development charities. Founded in 2008, Street Child now operates in 10 of the worlds toughest places, including remote, hard-to-reach areas, and fragile, disaster, or conflict-affected states and has significantly impacted the lives, and in particular the education, of over 200,000 children. Street Child believes that achieving universal basic education is the greatest single step towards eliminating global poverty.
We are looking for people with relevant experience to undertake a voluntary entrepreneurial role. Street Child Commercial was established in Sierra Leone in 2011 as a unique fundraising stream whereby a series of shops and café bars create a sustainable source of profit which is re-invested in our projects in the country. Street Child Commercial is now seeking new avenues for expansion and growth of profits in both existing and new enterprises in Sierra Leone and Uganda.
Location: Sierra Leone: Makeni and Uganda: Kampala
Deadline: Rolling deadline.
- Researching new market opportunities in the surrounding area.
- Assessing the commercial viability of potential new enterprise projects.
- Analyzing the profitability of existing enterprises and seeking opportunities for growth – providing metrics for measuring future success.
- Developing and implementing viable expansion plans alongside the local management team – from the initial inception right through to the start-up phase.
You will have the opportunity to shape your own experience according to your skills, knowledge, and goals. This is a unique chance to make a difference to the organization and its aim to empower children through education.
- Gain professional experience in setting up and expanding working businesses.
- Experience business practices in a developing context.
- Leave a lasting and positive impact, a type that few people achieve.
- Live in and explore a vibrant and exciting new culture and country.